YEAR ROUND OFFERINGS:
- HONEY BLONDE:
- Although this is not a recognized style, it did not stop us from creating this gem. This golden libation has just the right balance of maltiness, bitterness, and honey goodness. Not too strong or bitter, this beer is made for everyday enjoyment. ABV 4.7%
- LOCH NESS SCOTCH ALE:
- Our 90+ schilling is far and away a wee heavy. Hop presence is kept low to allow the full richness of seven different malts to shine through. ABV 7.7%
- TIGER'S EYE:
- Our version of the English pub staple. This golden beer's body starts with 100% pale ale malt, and is then gently hopped with English Fuggles to produce a delicate balance of bitterness and aroma. ABV 3.7%
- 1887 BLACK ALE:
- Pale, Munich, and dark caramel malts combine with chocolate malt and roast barley to create a firestorm of smoky, dark chocolate and coffee flavors. Out of four hop cones based on bitterness, flavor and aroma, this beer rates 2. OG 1.054, ABV 5.8%
- CITRED ALE:
- West Coast Amber Ale with a complex, caramel, toasty malt backbone and a HUGE fruity, floral piney, hop aroma as the result of a generous dosing of the elusive Citra variety of hops. OG 1.055, ABV 5.6%
- ANNIVERSARY ALE (SEVEN):
- Russian Imperial Stout - This black as night brew is heavy on the roasted barley. Being a stout, it has a big body, so the mouthfeel is thick and smooth. This was specially crafted for celebrating the Blue Heron's seventh anniversary of being in business. If available, try the bourbon-oaked version. ABV 8.5%
- BEE WEIZEN:
- German Hefeweizen - Traditional hefeweizen character with the cloudy appearance, full body and stinking of bananas and gloves. Clocking in at 4.5% abv and little to no bitterness, makes this an any occasion beer.
- BERRY STAINED WHEAT:
- Fruit Ale - This American style wheat was fermented with 150 pounds of blueberries, 50 pounds of which came from Gering Garden's Blueberry Farm in Mosinee, WI. The berries added a beautiful color, fruity flavor, and bit of tartness. The berry flavor does not overwhelm the palate, so the wheat malt comes through nicely. Just a warning, you may find some sediment in your glass from the berries. So thank-you fruit, you're a wonderful addition to beer! ABV 5%, IBUs 15, SRM 5 (before fresh blueberries).
- BLACK 47:
- (Limited batch released Sat. 3/16/2013) - Irish Potato Stout - Named to commemorate the Irish potato famine of 1847. Brewed with Pale and Roasted Barley with boiled potatoes added directly to the mash. OG 1.054, ABV 5.25%
- BLUSHING BIRD:
- Amber Ale - This reddish hue brew is a very drinkable ale with a nice hop finish. Flavors of toasted malts and Columbus hops, which is a citrus variety, fill the palate. Med body and clean finish is to be expected in this variety of ale. ABV 5%, IBUs 34, SRM 15
- BORN BELGIAN:
- A Belgian style Pale Ale - This easy drinking ale has an initial orange fruitiness which is rounded out nicely with a light spicy, dry finish.
- BOURBON OAKED LOCH NESS SCOTCH ALE:
- Our Scotch Ale aged in bourbon soaked oak chips. ABV 7.7%, IBUs 27, SRM 19
- BOURBON-OAKED ANNIVERSARY ALE (SEVEN):
- Russian Imperial Stout - Aged on bourbon oak chips for 6 1/2 months giving this ale a vanilla oak flavor and a bourbon finish. ABV 8.5%
- CHEEKY BROWN:
English Brown Ale - An all English brew made with ingredients straight from the U.K. The Maris Otter malt adds a toasted bread aroma and flavor and the,East Kent Golding hops provides a nice balance to the malt profile while leaving a nice floral, earthy hop flavor at the finish. A medium to light body add the the drinkability, so don't be cheeky and drink one down.
Cheeky: It is a word used to describe someone who does something or says something sort of disrespectful and sometimes rude, but says it in a cunning way.
SRM: 20, ABV: 5.1%, IBU's: 25
- Corey's American Pale Ale - A bitter yet balanced ale that is golden in color and has the aroma of fresh picked citrus. Hop presence is assertive and mouth quenching delicious. This brew has a bit of a higher alcohol content than most standard pale ales giving it a finishing bite. ABV: 6.2% Bitterness: mid-high
- DUBILEE DUBBEL:
- Beligan Dubbel - A beautiful garnet-colored, Belgian-style ale that is rich with malty and spicy features. Fruity undertones pleasingly mix with the toasted flavors from the malt. This is a delicious ale to shake off the cold. 8.2% ABV, Bitterness: Low
- ENDLESS WINTER ESB:
- Created to cheer your cloudy disposition on another frigid day. Brewed with imported Maris Otter Malt, various caramel malts and finished with the iconic British hop - East Kent Goldings. Out of four hop cones based on bitterness, flavor and aroma, this beer rates 2. OG 1.054, ABV 5.7%
- EQUINOX IPA:
- Brewed on the first day of spring, this India Pale Ale features an intense citrus, pine, floral hop aroma, subtle malt sweetness, and an aggressive, lingering, hop finish. Dry hopped with Simcoe and Columbus. OG 1.058, ABV 6.5%
- FANATIC I.P.A.:
- American I.P.A. - An enthusiastic tribute to the classic I.P.A. Being a fanatic of hop-forward beers, I developed this beer for all the fans of robust hop flavor and aroma. The 7 additions of Zythos hops creates a steady, lasting bitterness and bursting citrus flavors but is balanced by the American malts. 6.8% ABV, IBUs: 80, SRM: 8
- FREEWHEELIN' MONK:
- Belgian Specialty Ale - Beautiful crisp bronze/red hue with a distinct effervescent aroma that is only Belgian (very clove like). That aroma is carried over into the beer along with flavors of caramel malts, toasted bread and other rich malty flavors. Made for the freewheelin' spirit in all of us, this brew will take you to Belgium in your mind. SRM: 16, ABV: 6.2%, IBU's: 23
- FUGGLY WUGGLY:
- English Ale - A Golden ale with the makings of English variety of hops and malt. The brew is dedicated to the Fuggle hop, which has woody and earthy notes. Fuggled during the boil and dry hopped with massive amounts, there no mistaking what Fuggle hops taste and smell like. Yum. Easy drinking ale with low alcohol makes this a true session beer.
- GERMERICAN LAGER:
- Hybrid Lager - A mix between the German and American styles of lagers. The base malt is American, while the specialty malt is German along with the bittering hops. It's has a golden color with a bit more body and a slight zing from the hops. I used Czech Saaz as the finishing variety which has a "spicy" character. The lager is smooth and clean as most American styles, but with bit of German noble character tied in. Don't be scared: try one and surprise yourself. ABV 5.4%, IBUs 21, SRM 5
- GOLDEN ROAD:
- Golden Ale - It's not a Pale Ale or IPA, but an ale nonetheless that has been dry hopped with two varieties of hops. This practice brings a wonderful nose and flavor of hops. Fresh baked bread notes come from the malt profile, but hop flavor, not bitterness is the main show. Smooth and delicious is my opinion on this brew. The name is the title of the first song on one of my favorite band's first album. Take a guess, hint: Pasta a la Phil. ABV: 5.8% SRM: 6 IBUs: 22
- GRAPEFRUIT IPA (India Pale Ale):
- This brew carries the aroma and flavor of, as the name implies, grapefruit. Our brewer peeled over 100 pounds of fresh grapefruit for this unique brew. Citrus varieties of hops were also used to complement and add to the flavor of the beer. A nice strong malt backbone holds up the fruit and hops making this delicious IPA one of our personal favorites. ABV 6.8%, IBUs 87, SRM 10
- HERON LAGER:
- American Style Lager - This straw colored, light tasting brew is great for someone looking for the lighter side of brews. Flavors of a slightly toasted bread combined with a touch of sweetness cover the tongue, but leaves it clean and ready for more. Can be enjoyed any time of year! IBU's: 15.5, SRM: 3, ABV: 4.8%
- HEY PORTER!:
- Robust Porter - This Johnny Cash inspired deliciousness is a black ale that has aromas of roasted and sweet malt. The body is low-medium with flavors of chocolate and caramel. Not a lot of hop presence, just enough to keep the beer from being overly sweet. ABV 5%, IBUs 32, SRM 36
- HOP TEMPER:
- American Amber Ale - This is a hopped up version of the American favorite. The amber hue is complemented by the aroma and flavor of Cascade and Centennial hops. Not as biter and alcoholic as the I.P.A. style, but all the hops of one. Mouth feel is a bit resinous from the practice of dry-hopping, more than a pound of hops per barrel! So, enjoy this hop juicy brew! 5.1% ABV, Bitterness: Medium - High
- HOW NOW BROWN ALE:
- American Brown Ale - An elegant mid-brown brew with aromas of caramel and roasted malts at the nose. Our rendition of this style of ale is malt forward, with just enough hops to balance it out. There is a richness to the body that shows off the complexity of the malts. ABV 5.8%, IBUs 32, SRM 22
- HUB CITY LAGER:
- Marshfield Brewery opened in 1890 and closed in 1967. Their signature beer was Marshfield Lager. We have unfortunately been unable to find that recipe, however we worked with MASH to build a classic pre-prohibition lager we believe would have been similar to the Marshfield classic. Raise a glass and toast Grandpa!
- IRISH RED:
- A reddish cousin to English pale ales, only sweeter. This is a malty, yet lightly hopped beer with a slightly dry roasty finish. 5.2% ABV, Bitterness: Low
- LIL' WALT'S MALT:
- English Brown Ale - Named after my little one, Walter, this brew is a very smooth and drinkable ale. A minimal hop presence makes way for the delicate malt flavors and aromas to shine through. The biscuity and bready flavors are the most notable on this beer and have a pleasing effect on the palate. Bitterness: None / ABV: 5.1%
- LITE STRAWBERRY BLONDE:
- This blonde ale was fermented with locally grown strawberries, which dried the beer's finish. It was then "dry hopped" with more strawberries to provide it with slight fruitiness aroma and strawberry flavor. It have a wonderful malt balance and is prefect light ale for early August. Specialty beer with a limited time release.
- LUSCIOUS BLACK:
- A sweet, full bodied velvety black as night, stout. This stout has flavors of chocolate, coffee, and caramel all wrapped up in a silky texture. Contains: Lactose. 5.4% ABV, Bitterness: Little to none
- MAPLE NUT BROWN:
- American Brown Ale - Brewed with two gallons of maple syrup from Chilynsey Sugar bush in Chili, WI makes this beer a bit sweeter than most nut browns. The maple flavor is slight near the finish, but does well complimenting the roasted malts that give that signature "nutty" flavor. Light bodied and sessionable, this brown is great to start autumn with. Enjoy! ABV 4.5%, IBUs 31, SRM 21
- Our Oktoberfest honors tradition. It is brewed in spring using Munich and Vienna malts, bittered with German noble hops, fermented with German yeast, and lagered over the warm summer months until fall release. ABV 5.7%, IBUs 22, SRM 8
- OL' BLUE'S LIGHT:
- Cream Ale - A golden color ale that is light on the tongue and easy to drink. This brew has a clean, dry finish similar to American light lagers. An everyday beer for everyday people. 5.0% ABV, Bitterness: Low
- PANTHER PORTER:
- This dark yet refreshing porter is quickly becoming a house
favorite. Roasted malt and a moderate use of English hops shines
through until the end.
- PAINT THE TOWN BROWN:
- American Brown Ale - A brown ale with a nut character to it. This brown has more nuttiness than a chipmonk saving for winter! Over the mouth a array of flavors from nutty at first to roasted at the end. It is a full bodied, unfiltered ale and should be enjoyed during this seasonal change we're having. The ale has a slight bitterness to it to mellow out the sweetness. "It's a very drinkable ale". 5.6% ABV
- PARKIN'S PILZ:
- Named after the former ice cream dairy the brewery now occupies,
this German style pilsner is a European masterpiece. Golden straw
colored, with a fine dense head of pure white foam. In keeping with
tradition we use only the finest pilsner malts and choicest hops
from Bavaria. Aged at nearly freezing temperatures, the final result
is a crisp, highly carbonated beer to be enjoyed one sip at a time.
- POSSIBLY WOBBLY:
- Barley Wine Style Ale - Don't let the "WINE" in the title confuse you. This is "BEER" in every sense, and a big one at that. Clocking in at 9.3% ABV, this is a winter warmer of an ale. A hint of raisins and dried fruit are just some of the complex flavors that are in this monster. A wonderful alcoholic warmth finshes on the throat, making the winter season even more enjoyable. Bitterness: Slight / ABV: 9.3%
- American Amber/Red Ale - This maltier cousin of the pale ale is of medium body with a lurking hop presence. Notes of toasted grain and a medium astringency pounce on the palate as it finishes smooth. The beer's finish is also a little dry, urging you to take another sip. ABV 6%, IBUs 25, SRM 13
- RED, WHITE, AND WHEAT:
- American Hefeweizen - Red and White Wheat make up for 50% of the malt bill in this beer giving it's mealy mouthfeel and flavor. Citrus notes come to the palate almost immediately, giving a slight tartness feeling to the tongue. Drank by itself or accented with an orange, this beer is perfect for summer. ABV: 5.1% Bitterness: Low
- RODDIS BOCK:
- Bock - Named after an historical Marshfield resident, this complex lager is an enjoyment of the passing of winter. With Spring coming, the natural transition from cold to warmer temperatures brings us to the traditional release of the Bock style of beer. This brew has beautiful malty noise with an off-white head that is a top a wonderful reddish body. This lager has a bit of sweet malt flavor that is smooth and finishes clean on the tongue. Bitterness: Low / A.B.V. 6.0%
- RYEZOME RED:
- With 20% rye in the grist RYEzome Red delivers a unique blend of caramel malt, citrus, and spice. Three varieties of American hops satisfies your hop fix, but isn't outrageously bitter, making it still quite sessionable. 6.5% abv.
- ROUNDBARN RYE:
- American Rye Ale - A unique flavor for your palate. Made with 53% malted rye, one can really taste graininess and the spice character that this malt is known for. The rye and German Perle hops add a stimulating sensation to the tongue. The accentuated spice character will leave you going back for another sip. ABV 5.7%
- SOO LINE STOUT:
- Oatmeal Stout - Named for one of the train lines that traveled through Marshfield's historical past. This dark ale has a nice smoothness from the addition of plenty of oats, complemented by roasted malts. All aboard for a medium-bodied brew that delivers a pleasant mouth-feel and delicious malty flavor. 5.2% ABV, Bitterness: Mild
- STORMY WEATHER:
- American I.P.A. - This brew is a hop forward beer. Three different hop varieties encompass the beer's hop profile. Amarillo hops is the main player though, dry hopped with 3.5 pounds in fact. Raise a pint to the sailors who weathered the storms on their journeys to India, making I.P.A. a style.
- STORMY'S REVENGE:
- American I.P.A. - This beast of a brew is a the reincarnation of my first IPA brewed here, Stormy Weather. Stormy Weather's hop profile consisted of a hard to get breed called Amarrilo. So, we've used Stormy Weather's malt bill and used Simcoe and Ahtanum hops instead of Amarrilo. Except a high bitterness with a very citrus hop flavor and aroma. If you love hops, you'll love this brew. ABV 7.4%, IBUs 80, SRM 12.5
- STRANGER IN THE DARK:
- American Stout - This is America's way of doing stout. More roasted barley and more hops, bigger and better. This beer has very roasted, mild coffee flavor that is smooth to the finish.
- SUNRISE GOLDEN WHEAT:
- Refreshing springtime wheat beer brewed with Vienna and light caramel malt for a complex malt backbone. Hopped with three different varieties for a bright, crisp, fruity hop flavor. OG 1.048, ABV 5%
- SWEET OL' CROW MILK STOUT:
- Sweet Stout w/ Lactose & Oats - This delicious black beauty has a healthy dose of flaked oats and lactose to make it smooth and silky on your tongue. Black complimented by a reddish hue with roasted malt aroma and lingering sweetness. Chocolate, caramel, and coffee flavors dominate. Full in body and in flavor!!! ABV 5.9%, IBUs 35, SRM 40 (lightened slightly by the lactose) *** Contains Lactose
- TAPPER'S TRIPEL:
- Belgian Tripel Ale - This unfiltered and complex beer features flavors and aromas of Belgian candy sugar, overripe banana, orange peel, and finishes with an alcoholic bite. Made for sipping while you unravel all the wonderful flavors and aromas, this beer softens and changes week by week, always bringing a new dimension to the table. 9% ABV, Bitterness: Low
- The First of Many Pale Ales - Hopheads rejoice! This full on hop assault features Chinook, Summit and Ahtanum hops. This is supported by a malt backbone of Pale, Munich and Caramel malts. OG 1.050, ABV 5.6%
- WITZ END WHEAT:
- This unfiltered, Belgian Witbier is spiced with orange peel and
coriander producing a citrusy, spicy, refreshing beer that is often
enjoyed with a slice or orange by our customers.
One tap at the pub always honors our homebrew roots and pours a beer that represents a collaborative effort between Blue Heron and the Marshfield Area Society of Homebrewers (M.A.S.H.). This beer is inspired by, designed by, and sometimes even brewed by members of M.A.S.H.
Feel free to contact us with questions and/or comments.
- BOURBON-OAKED PANDEMONIUM PORTER:
- Brown Porter - Aged with bourbon-oak chips, this M.A.S.H. club and Blue Heron collaboration is malty and smooth to the mouth. Bits of chocolate and coffee hit the palate and then fade to a slight sweetness at the finish. The little hop presence in this brew lets the malts dominate which leaves our taste buds in a state of pandemonium. 4.5% ABV, Bitteness: Very Low
- HOP HARVEST PALE ALE:
- Wet Hopped Ale - This ale is an American Pale in body and spirit. It has been wet-hopped with 37 lbs of fresh picked & locally grown hops during the boil and 8 lbs after fermentation. The M.A.S.H. club and Blue Heron collaborated on this happy hoppy brew. "The beer tastes, like a hop smells", is the best way to describe this ale. ABV 5.1%, IBUs 40, SRM 9